Are you looking for the best Teachable alternatives 2023?
In this post, we’ll introduce you to the 9 best platforms like Teachable. Some of these are free while others are paid.
All these course builder platforms offer the same or more features than teachable at an affordable price.
So, if you’re looking for an alternative to Teachable to create and sell your online courses, this post is for you.
Let’s get started.
Affiliate Disclosure (Please read it):
The links of Course builder platforms available in this article are my affiliate link. If you’ll use that link and make a purchase then I’ll get a small commission without costing you anything extra. It’ll only help me to run this blog successfully and provide helpful content for Free. Thanks in advance if you are going to use my affiliate link for purchasing any of these Teachable alternatives. ❤️❤️❤️
9 Best Teachable Alternatives 2023: Both Free & Paid
|Thinkific||Starts from $0/mo||4.9/5||Get Free Account|
|LearnWorlds||Starts from $39/mo||4.8/5||Try it for FREE|
|FreshLearn||Starts from $0/mo||4.9/5||Get Free Account|
|Podia||Starts from $0/mo||4.8/5||Try it for FREE|
|Passion IO||Starts from $97/mo||4.9/5||Try it for FREE|
|Mighty Networks||Starts from $39/mo||4.7/5||Try it for FREE|
|Kajabi||Starts from $149/mo||4.9/5||Try it for FREE|
|LearnDash||Starts from $119.40||4.5/5||Visit Website|
|LifterLMS||Starts from $120||4.6/5||Visit Website|
|Ruzuku||Starts from $99/mo||4.5/5||Try it for FREE|
Thinkific is a powerful, yet easy-to-use, online course builder that has all the features you need to create courses.
It also allows you to do live sessions with your students whenever you want.
With Thinkific, there is no need for coding or designing skills – simply use the drag-and-drop course builder to quickly create and customize your courses.
You can also track student activity and progress, and provide them certificates of completion.
In addition, the Thinkific platform includes powerful tools for building online communities and memberships, so your students can connect and learn in collaboration.
With everything you need to launch and manage successful online courses, Thinkific is the obvious choice for anyone looking to teach online.
Pricing of Thinkific
It comes with 4 pricing plans:
- Free Plan: $0/mo
- Basic Plan: $49/mo
- Pro Plan: $99/mo
- Premier Plan: $499/mo
What I like about Thinkific
- Drag and drop course builder – no coding or design skills required
- Create beautiful, professional courses with predesigned templates
- Deliver live lessons to students worldwide
- Advanced customizations options for total control over your courses
- Connect with other educators and students in Communities & Memberships
- Providing certificates of completion to students and tracking their progress is very easy in Thinkific.
What I don’t like about Thinkific
- Due to lots of features, it can be overwhelming for beginners but once you get used to it, it’s very easy to use.
Why should you choose Thinkific over Teachable?
- Live session with Zoom feature is only available in Thinkific.
- Thinkific provides integration with 70+ apps whereas Teachable provides integration with only 8 apps.
LearnWorlds is the best course builder platform for a number of reasons.
You can create unlimited courses, which is great if you have a lot of material to cover or if you want to offer different courses on different topics.
You can also create engaging videos in LearnWorlds by adding buttons, popups, questions, and other elements to your videos.
In addition, it has a built-in community, so you can connect with other instructors and learners, and it has a built-in Affiliate Management system so you can recruit affiliates and promote your courses more easily.
Apart from this, it has multiple payment options (subscriptions, memberships, and payment plans), so you can choose the option that best fits your needs.
Plus, it’s affordable, mobile & tablet ready, and comes with access to a video library and ready-made templates.
You’ll be glad to know that it comes with a 30-day free trial option so you can try it out before you commit.
So, why are you waiting?
Check out LearnWorlds today and see for yourself how it can help you create and sell beautiful online courses with ease.
- How to use LearnWorlds for FREE?
- Which LearnWorlds Plan is perfect for me?
- 9 Best LearnWorlds Competitors
- Is LearnWorlds on AppSumo?
Pricing of LearnWorlds
It comes with 3 pricing plans
- Starter Plan: $29/mo
- Pro Trainer Plan: $99/mo
- Learning Center Plan: $299/mo
What I like about LearnWorlds
- It’s an all-in-one platform.
- Create unlimited courses with no limit on the number of students. Unlimited students can enroll in your course
- Engage students more effectively by adding interactive video features to your courses
- Manage your affiliate marketing efforts more easily and effectively with an integrated affiliate management system
- Allow your students to pay for your courses using a variety of payment methods including subscriptions, memberships, and payment plans
- Make your courses mobile and tablet ready so that they can be accessed anywhere, anytime
- Access a vast video library filled with helpful videos
- Take advantage of readymade templates that make it easy to create professional-looking courses quickly and easily
- Enjoy a 30-day free trial so you can test out all the features LearnWorlds has to offer
- It also allows you to customize the language of your course.
What I don’t like about LearnWorlds
- They don’t provide premium support in the Basic plan.
Why should you choose LearnWorlds over Teachable?
- LearnWorlds allows you to create custom communities to connect with your students but Teachable doesn’t provide this feature.
- In LearnWorlds, you can get a wide range of quizzes and assessment options whereas Teachble only offers normal MCQs.
These two features make LearnWorlds a good Teachable alternative.
3. Fresh Learn
If you’re looking to create and sell courses online, FreshLearn is the perfect platform for you.
With FreshLearn, you can easily build courses using videos, audio, documents, quizzes, and live classes.
You can also launch sales landing pages with built-in themes, and give certificates to students upon completion of the course.
In addition, FreshLearn offers an affiliate program management system, so you can easily promote your courses to a wider audience.
Plus, with the built-in drip content feature, you can unlock chapters based on dates or actions taken by your students.
So if you’re looking for an all-in-one solution for creating and selling courses online, FreshLearn is the perfect platform for you.
Pricing of FreshLearn
FreshLearn comes with 3 affordable pricing plans:
- Free Plan: $0/mo
- Pro Plan: $29/mo
- No Brainer Plan: $59/mo
What I like about Fresh Learn
- Create and sell courses in minutes
- Do live workshops online with ease
- Build communities for your students
- Launch membership or one-time plans in seconds
- Upload or Embed Documents, Quizzes, Videos, Audio, and Live Classes
- Free video hosting for your courses
- Give certificates of completion to your students with the push of a button
- Accept payment through Stripe, PayPal, or Razorpay payment gateway
- Inbuilt Affiliates program management system to help you grow your business faster
- Conduct Assignments in courses with ease and track student progress
- Launch Advanced Assessments of different types in your courses
What I don’t Like about FreshLearn
- They have very limited integration options.
Why Should You Choose FreshLearn Over Teachable?
- FreshLearn has more features and it’s cheaper as compared to Teachable.
Podia is an all-in-one online course builder platform and a good Teachable alternative that makes it easy to create and sell online courses.
With Podia, you can easily add MP3s, PDFs, quizzes, images, videos, audio files, and more to your course.
You can also take payments before launch to pre-sell your course. In addition, you can use the drag and drop course builder to easily add sections and subsections to your course.
Plus, there are no transaction fees and no coding is required. Whether you’re looking to launch a live or on-demand webinar, Podia has you covered.
And if you want to run your affiliate program inside of Podia, that’s easy to do as well. Overall, Podia makes it easy to create and sell online courses with everything you need in one place.
All these things make Podia better than its alternatives.
Pricing of Podia
It comes with 4 pricing plans:
- Free plan: $0/mo
- Mover plan: $39.99
- Shaker plan: $89/mo
- Earthquaker plan: $199/mo
What I like about Podia
- Its drip content feature allows you to unlock different modules of your course based on certain dates or time frames that you set.
- You can also add a coupons section on your landing page to get more sales.
- There are no transaction fees when someone buys a course from you!
- Podia also offers the ability to run your affiliate program
- You can host live or on-demand webinars.
- It allows you to add video, audio, PDFs, quizzes, etc to your course.
- With its preselling feature, you can sell your online course even before it’s launched.
What I don’t like about Podia
- It doesn’t offer some marketing features like order bump, upsell, downsell, etc
Why should you choose Podia over Teachable?
- In Podia, you’ll get unlimited everything whereas Teachable has some limits.
- Podia comes with built-in email autoresponders but Teachable doesn’t have this feature.
- With Podia, you can sell digital products but it’s not possible with Teachable.
5. Passion IO
When it comes to online learning, Passion.io is in a class of its own.
The platform provides everything you need to create and deliver high-quality courses, including a drag-and-drop app builder, on-demand and live streaming capabilities, push notifications, and more.
Plus, Passion.io (Review) works seamlessly on all major devices, from desktop computers, and mobile phones to smart TVs.
And with Drip courses, you can control how much content your students have access to at any given time.
For example, you can choose to unlock two videos per day. Additionally, Passion.io makes it easy to build custom communities and engage with your students on a deeper level.
Plus, with integration with hundreds of apps, there’s almost no limit to what you can do with Passion.io.
Best of all, no coding or designing skills are required – just sign up for free and start building your dream course!
Pricing of Passion.io
It comes with 3 pricing plans:
- Pro plan: $97/mo
- Ultimate plan: $297/mo
- Ultimate Plus plan: Application only
What I like about Passion IO
- Drag and drop online course app builder – no coding required!
- Predesigned templates make it easy for anyone to create a beautiful course app.
- Drip courses deliver your content in the way you want.
- You can create custom communities to engage with your students
- Integration with hundreds of apps allows you to use your favorite tools
- On-demand and live streaming allow you to interact with your students in a better way.
- Push notifications to keep your students engaged and coming back for more
- Seamless experience on Desktop, mobile, tab, and smart TV
What I don’t like about Passion IO
- Its pricing starts from $97/mo which is on the higher side.
Why should you choose Passion IO over Teachable?
- With Passion IO, you can create a mobile app (both for Android & IOS devices) for your course that works seamlessly on desktop, laptop, mobile, tab, and Android TVs whereas Teachable doesn’t provide any option to build the mobile app.
6. Mighty Networks
Mighty Networks is an online course and membership site builder and a good Teachable alternative that makes it easy to create and sell online courses.
The platform includes everything you need to get started, including a drag-and-drop course app builder, predesigned templates, and a discovery section to help students find your content.
Plus, you can live stream and upload your videos, and there are no limits on the number of members you can have.
You can also create custom landing pages and domains. Mighty Networks makes it easy to create and sell online courses, without any coding or design skills required.
Pricing of Mighty Networks
It comes with 3 pricing plans:
- The Community plan: $39/mo
- The Business plan: $119/mo
- Mighty Pro plan: Application only
What I like about Mighty Networks
- You can create a course in minutes without any coding or design skills required
- There are predesigned templates that give you a quick start
- You have the flexibility to live stream and upload your videos as you want
- The content is discoverable. It means your students can search and find the content they need very easily.
- You can have unlimited members with no extra charge
- The custom domain name and landing pages features are included
What I don’t like about Mighty Networks
- You can’t create quizzes with it.
- There is not any option to provide certificates to students after course completion.
- If you are planning to receive payment with PayPal then it’s not the right platform for you because it doesn’t support PayPal.
- It charges transaction fees on all its pricing tiers which is the worst thing about this course creation platform.
Kajabi is an all-in-one online course platform that lets you create, market, and sell courses online.
It’s designed to be user-friendly, so you don’t need any coding or design skills to create a beautiful course.
Kajabi comes with predesigned templates, unlimited video hosting, email marketing automation, and detailed analytics, so you can launch and grow your online business with ease.
One of its most unique features is the Pipelines feature which helps you to automate your campaigns for a truly hands-off experience.
The only downside is that Kajabi’s pricing starts at $119/mo, which may be too expensive for some people. But if you’re serious about building a profitable online course business, Kajabi is definitely worth the investment.
If pricing seems expensive then you can look other alternatives like Passion IO. Click here to check major difference between Kajabi and Passion IO.
Pricing of Kajabi
It comes with 3 pricing plans:
- Basic plan: $149/mo
- Growth plan: $199/mo
- Pro plan: $399/mo
Kajabi is very expensive course creation platform. So, if you are beginner then don’t use Kajabi. There are lots of good alternatives. check this list to select best alternative to Kajabi.
What I like about Kajabi
- Easily create professional courses without any coding or design skills required
- No expensive software or hosting fees – your courses are hosted on Kajabi’s powerful servers
- It offers unlimited video hosting so you don’t need to pay extra to save your video on the Kajabi server.
- Automated email marketing and funnel creation make it easy to keep in touch with your students and sell more courses
- Detailed analytics tell you exactly how your courses are performing so you can continually improve and maximize your profits
- SEO optimized so that your courses show up at the top of Google and other search engines
- It comes with a website builder tool that helps you to create a professional website without any coding skill
What I don’t like about Kajabi
- Starting price of Kajabi is $119/mo which is a bit expensive
Why should you choose Kajabi over Teachable?
- Kajabi offers more advanced email marketing and automation features than Teachable.
- The pipeline feature of Kajabi helps you to create funnels in a visual format which is not possible with Teachable
These two unique features of Kajabi make it the best Teachable alternative.
BIG DISCOUNT: Get 3 Months of Kajabi Subscription at just $99
LearnDash is a famous course builder LMS plugin for WordPress.
As the name suggests, it helps you to create courses on your WordPress site without any coding or designing skills.
All you need to do is drag and drop the required elements into place. It also comes with pre-designed templates that you can use to get started quickly.
The quiz builder is also very flexible, and you can set up your custom email automation based on student activity.
However, there are a few drawbacks. It doesn’t provide any option for a Free trial, so you’ll need to purchase a license upfront.
Additionally, you can’t add a coupon or promo code section in LearnDash, which could be a dealbreaker for some people.
Overall, LearnDash is a great option for creating online courses.
Pricing of LearnDash
It comes with 3 pricing plans:
- 1 Site plan: $119.40
- 10 Site plan: $239.40
- Unlimited Site plan: $479.40
What I like about LearnDash
- Quick and easy course creation using a drag and drop interface
- No technical knowledge is required – perfect for beginners!
- Comes with predesigned templates so you don’t need any designing skills
- Automated email rules so you can set and forget to automate your course selling an online business.
- It comes with a Quiz builder tool for better engagement
What I don’t like about LearnDash
- If you are willing to add a discount or coupon code section to your course sale page then it’s not possible with LearnDash.
- They don’t offer a free trial. So, you have to pay for it upfront.
Why should you choose LearnDash over Teachable?
- If you are looking for a WordPress LMS (Learning Management System) course builder plugin then you should use LearnDash because it’s not possible to build courses in WordPress CMS with Teachable.
LifterLMS is one of the best WordPress plugins for building an online course.
You can easily create and sell courses, and set up custom emails based on student activity.
With LifterLMS you can also award achievements and provide certificates.
Plus, it allows you to drip out content over time to keep students engaged.
Its drag-and-drop course creator is very easy to use and requires technical knowledge or design skills.
The only downside is that LifterLMS lacks robust marketing features and can get expensive if you need to use multiple addons.
But if you’re just looking for a simple way to create and deliver online courses using WordPress, LifterLMS is hard to beat.
Pricing of LifterLMS
It comes with 3 pricing plans:
- Individual Add-Ons plan: $120+ each/year
- Universe Bundle plan: $360/year
- Infinity Bundle plan: $1200/year
What I like about LifterLMS
- Create and sell online courses with no coding required
- Quick and easy drag and drop course builder makes designing your courses a breeze
- Fully customizable templates give you the look and feel you want for your courses
- Automated email delivery keeps students engaged and moving through your courses
- Award achievement badges to encourage students
- Offer downloadable certificates to certify course completion
- Drip out content to ensure students complete your course
What I don’t like about LifterLMS
- If you want advanced marketing features then LifterLMS is not the right platform for you because it offers basic marketing features.
- For using extra addons, you have to pay a lot. So, I’ll not recommend this platform to you if you want to use multiple addons.
Why should you choose LifterLMS over Teachable?
- If you want to create a course in WordPress then LifeterLMS is the best option for you because Teachable doesn’t support WordPress CMS.
Ruzuku is also a good online course platform and alternative to Teachable.
It is easy to use. You can create a course in minutes with no designing or coding skills required.
You can also choose from a variety of subscriptions, a single payment, or payment plan options to charge your students.
Ruzuku also has an affiliate management system, discount coupons, and support for both PayPal and Stripe payment processors.
Plus, Ruzuku’s teleconferences can handle up to 200 students and their webinars can handle up to 1,500 participants.
So if you’re looking for an easy-to-use platform that has all the features you need to create and sell courses online, Ruzuku is the way to go.
Pricing of Ruzuku
It comes with 3 pricing plans:
- Bootstrapper plan: $99/mo
- Up-and-Comer plan: $149/mo
- University plan: $199/mo
What I like about Ruzuku
- No design or coding skills required
- Predesigned templates make course creation easy
- Unlimited courses and students
- In-built affiliate management system
- Teleconference capabilities support up to 200 participants
- Webinar capabilities support up to 1,500 participants
- Option to add discount coupon code
- Supports all types of content like audio, video, text, etc.
- Allow you to charge students based on a single payment, subscription model, or payment plan.
- It provides the option to receive payment through PayPal or Stripe.
What I don’t like about Ruzuku
- It supports only two payment gateways; Stripe and PayPal.
Why should you choose Ruzuku over Teachable?
- Ruzuku provides phone and Skype customer support which is not available in Teachable.
- Adding course content is very easy in Ruzuku as compared to Teachable.
These are the 9 best Teachable alternatives for 2023. I hope you have decided on the course builder that you want to use for your coaching business.
Still confused? Let’s see some Frequently Asked Questions related to Alternatives to Teachable that will avoid all your confusion.
FAQs related to Alternatives of Teachable
What is better Teachable or Kajabi?
If you are looking for more advanced features, better marketing tools, and sales funnel to boost your course sales then Kajabi is the best option because it’s an all-in-one platform for course builders.
Is Thinkific better than Teachable?
Thinkific is better than Teachable because it offers easy to use interface, a Live Zoom session, integration with 70+ applications, and much more which is not possible with Teachable.
Which is a good Learning Management System for WordPress users?
LearnDash is the best LMS for WordPress users because it is easy to use, offers a drag and drop interface, has no coding required, and comes with predesigned templates.
Which is the best Teachable alternative?
According to me, Thinkific is the best alternative to Teachable because it offers a live zoom session, an easy-to-use interface, and integration with 70+ applications.
What are the good Teachable alternatives that offer advanced marketing tools?
Kajabi is the best Teachable alternative that offers more advanced marketing tools including order bump, upsell, downsell, sales funnels, etc.
It also has a pipeline feature that helps you to create funnels in a visual format. Apart from this email marketing and automation features of Kajabi are far better than Teachable.
Which Teachable Competitor offers an in-built automated email marketing option?
Podia is the best Teachable Competitor that offers an in-built automated email marketing option. It also allows you to add a coupons section on your landing page to get more sales.
Plus, With Podia, you can add video, audio, PDFs, quizzes, and any type of content you want.
Which is a good Teachable alternative for building the mobile app for our course?
Passion IO is the best Teachable alternative for building the mobile app for your course. It’s the best training and course app builder platform that allows you to create beautiful course apps without any coding skills. And Passion Apps works great on Desktop, mobile, tab, and smart TV.
Also Read: How to activate Skool Free Trial?
Final Worlds about Best Teachable Alternatives 2023
There are many good Teachable alternatives available in the market that offer more features and benefits than Teachable at the same or less price.
If you are a beginner who wants to create and sell courses without any hassle then I would recommend you to go with Thinkific. It’s very easy to use and has everything that you need to launch your course.
If you are looking for an all-in-one platform that offers everything (from email marketing to sales funnel) you need to create, market, and sell your courses then Kajabi is the best option for you.
If you want to reach out to more people then you should create a course app that can be accessed from all major devices including desktop, mobile, tab, and smart TVs. For this, I’ll recommend you to use Passion.io
I have tried to cover each and everything in this best Teachable Alternatives and competitors article.
If you still have any questions or confusion related to this then feel free to reach out to me. I’ll be more than happy to help you.
Have a great day! 🙂