Do you want to get more organic traffic from Google and other search engines?
If your answer is yes then read this SEMRush Tutorial till the end to know the tricks to outrank your competitors and 10x your website traffic.
In this SEMRush Review & Tutorial, I’ve tried to cover each and everything in detail with lots of screenshots and videos.
After reading this SEMrush Guide, you’ll never ask how to use SEMrush to grow your organic traffic.
So, read this article till the end.
If you click on the above link then a special SEMRush promo code (i.e. coupon code) will be applied automatically which can give you a 100% discount.
It means you can get a free trial of SEMRush for the next 14-days to decide this tool is helping you or not to improve your ranking.
- What is SEMRush?
- What is inside the SEMRush Toolkit?
- Some amazing Features of SEMRush
- How does SEMrush calculate traffic?
- 15 Amazing Benefits of Using SEMRush
- 1. Topic Research Tutorial: Find Tons of Blog Post Idea in just one click
- 2. SEMRush Keyword Magic Tool Tutorial: Find Easy to Rank Keywords in few clicks
- 3. Tutorial to Steal Keywords: Steal the keyword for which your competitors are ranking on Google
- 4. Site Audit Tutorial: Do Site Audit with SEMRush and Improve Your Ranking
- 5. SEMRush SEO Writing Assistant Tutorial: Write Fully SEO Optimized Article Easily
- 6) SEMRush SEO Content Template Tutorial: Enter Keyword and Get Content Template for Your Article
- 7) On-Page SEO Checker Tutorial: Get Proven Tips to Optimize Your Content for Higher Ranking
- 8) Backlink Audit Tutorial: Find and Remove Bad Backlink in Just a Few Clicks
- 9. SEMRush Position Tracking Tutorial: Track Ranking of Your Keywords in just a Click
- 10. GAP Analysis Tutorial: Find Missing Keywords & Backlinks in just one click
- 11. Competitor Analysis Tutorial: Analyze Your Competitors to Outrank Them
- 12. Social Media Tracker Tutorial: Schedule Posts, Track Your Competitors, boost a post and Many More
- 13. Traffic Analytics Tutorial: It’s Like Accessing Your Competitor’s Google Analytics Account
- 14. Advertising Research Tutorial: Spy on Your Competitors Ads Copy and Target Keyword
- 15. Tutorial on Creating A Project: Track Everything About Your Website
- SEMRush Pricing: 3 Plans with Discount on Annual Plan
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Related to SEMRush Tutorial
What is SEMRush?
SEMRush is an SEO tool that can help you to do keyword research, topic research, competitor analysis, rank tracking, backlink audit, Site audit, PLA Research, Advertising research and many more.
Pros & Cons of SEMRush
As we all know that every tool has some pros and cons. So, I’m going to discuss the pros and cons of SEMRush.
Pros of SEMRush
- It’s the best keyword research tool.
- It has on-page SEO Checker tool.
- Topic Research tool can help you to find blog post ideas category wise.
- SEMRush SEO Writing Assistant can help your to write fully SEO optimize article.
- SEO Content Template tool can generate the perfect SEO template for our articles by entering our seed keywords.
- You can find and remove toxic backlinks using Backlink Audit tool
- With SEMRush’s social media tool, you can schedule your posts on social media
- It provides best advertising research toolkit
- and many more
Cons of SEMRush
- SEMRush plans starts from $99.99/mo which is not affordable for many bloggers.
- It has lots of tools available. So, it’ll take your some time to learn all these tools.
SEMRush is one of the best SEO tool which provides a lots of tools to grow your online business.
When you’ll start using all its tool then you’ll be also became a fan of this tool like me.
What is inside the SEMRush Toolkit?
SEMRush provides 6 types of toolkits.
Each of these toolkit has lots of tools. So,
There are 6 Different types of toolkit available in SEMRush:
- SEO Toolkit
- Competitor Analysis Toolkit
- Advertising Toolkit
- Content Marketing Toolkit
- Social Media Toolkit &
- Management Toolkit
And each of these toolkit have lots of tools inside it.
SEMRush has wide range of SEO tools like Keyword Magic tool, position tracking, domain overview, backlink audit and many more.
Competitor Analysis Toolkit
SEMRush provides tools like Traffic Analytics, Keyword gap, backlink gap, PLA research and many tool for it.
SEMRush Provides Advertising Research, PLA Resarch, PPC Keyword Tool, Ad Builder, CPC map and many tool for it.
Content Marketing Toolkit
You’ll get Amazing tools like topic research, SEO content template, content audit, post tracking any many more.
Social Media Toolkit
SEMRush also provides social media toolkit like social media tracker and social media poster to save your time & steal competitors’ strategies.
There are lots of management tools available like projects, my report, marketing calendar notes, lead generating tool and many more.
Some amazing Features of SEMRush
- You can use it to find easy to rank long-tail keywords
- This tool can help you to find tons of blog post idea (category wise) in just a few clicks.
- With the help of this tool, you can do a complete audit of your site.
- You can track the ranking of your articles easily.
- This tool can help you to steal the keywords for which your competitors are ranking.
- You can do a backlink audit of your site. So, that you can remove bad backlinks easily.
- SEMRush’s SEO Writing Assistant can help you to write fully SEO optimized articles.
- You’ll get weekly emails about your keywords ranking status.
- And many more.
So, must read this unbiased review of SEMRush to know how you can use SEMRush to take your blog to the next level.
How does SEMrush calculate traffic?
To Calculate any domain’s estimated traffic, SEMrush multiplies its CTR (i.e. “click-through rate,”) with its keyword volume and dividing by 30 ( i.e. the number of days in a month)
NOTE: CTR which SEMrush uses to calculate estimated traffic of any site shows the probability that the searcher will click on the domain’s search result depending on its position in the SERP
EDITOR’S NOTE: I’m also using SEMRush from last 2 years. It has a wide range of toolkit available.
It’ll take you some time to learn all these toolkits.
So, I’ll recommend you to read this SEMRush tutorial carefully and try all the tools of SEMRush yourself.
Don’t worry! you don’t need to pay anything.
I’m affiliate partner of SEMRush. So, they have provided an exclusive 14-days trial of Blogging Lift readers.
Get Your SEMRush 14-Days FREE Trial and use this tool yourself.
🎁 GIFT: Get FREE SEMrush Account then Read this SEMrush Tutorial to Try Every Tool Yourself
Wait.. Read this First
If you’ll only read this tutorial and not try it yourself then you’ll confused about how to use it. 😞😞
So, Before starting this SEMrush Ultimate Guide & Tutorial, I want to give you SEMrush PRO FREE account.
So, create a FREE SEMrush account with the link given below >> then read our tutorial and try every tool yourself.
Follow these steps to get your free SEMrush account:
STEP 1: Click on this special link which will take you to the SEMRush & Blogging Lift Partner Page. (as shown in the image)
Now, Click on the “Activate Your 14-days free Trial Button”
STEP 2: After clicking on the above button, you’ll see a page where you have to register for the free trial through your email address and a password.
STEP 3: Now you only need to enter your credit card details to get SEMRush free trial for 14 days.
As you can see in the screenshot, You can get 14-days trial of SEMRush for FREE (at $0).
So, enter your credit card details and get SEMRush Pro account for free.
NOTE: You have to enter credit card details to get your SEMRush free trial. The SEMRush promo code (i.e. coupon code) is active and it’ll be active for the next few days. So, grab it asap. If you don’t like this tool then you can cancel your free trial account before it expires.
15 Amazing Benefits of Using SEMRush
Let’s start our unbiased SEMRush review.
Now I’m going to share 15 amazing benefits of using SEMRush which can help you to take your blog to the next level.
I’m 100% sure that After knowing about these amazing features of SEMRush, you’ll also become a fan of SEMRush like me.
So, must read this article till that end to know why I’m saying this.
Without wasting your time now I’m going to share these 15 amazing benefits with all of you.
Let’s dive in!
1. Topic Research Tutorial: Find Tons of Blog Post Idea in just one click
This is one of the best features of SEMRush.
Because with the help of this tool you can find tons of blog post ideas related to your niche.
And the best part is that it shows blog post ideas category wise.
That’s why I love this feature of SEMRush.
How to Find Blog Post Ideas Using SEMRush Topical Research?
Now, I’m going to show you how you can find tons of blog post ideas in just a few clicks.
So, must follow this step by step guide and tutorial of Topical Research tool.
STEP 1: Open SEMRush.com and Click on Topic Research Section.
STEP 2: Now you’ll see a screen like this. Suppose, you want to find blog post ideas related to blogging niche. So, you can write “blogging” in the search bar and press enter.
STEP 3: As you can see in the below image that it’s showing me the tons of category-wise blog post ideas related to blogging here
If you want to export all these ideas then you can click on the export option given in the top right corner. So that you save all these blog post ideas on your computer in an excel file.
So, must try this amazing feature and get a lot of amazing content ideas for your next blog post.
2. SEMRush Keyword Magic Tool Tutorial: Find Easy to Rank Keywords in few clicks
If you want to find easy to rank long-tail keywords in just a few clicks then this feature is for you.
How to Use SEMRush Keyword Magic Tool?
I’m going to share a detailed review and tutorial of SEMRush’s Keyword Magic Tool.
So, must follow these simple step by step guide:
These 3 simple steps can help you to find easy to rank long tail keywords within 1 minute.
STEP 1: Open SEMRush’s Keyword Magic tool and enter your target keyword here.
Suppose, you want to find easy to rank keywords related to weight loss. So, what you have to do is just type the “weight loss” here and click on the search button.
As you can see in the below screenshot, it’s showing me 4,00,000+ keywords related to weight loss.
STEP 2: But we want to find only easy to rank long-tail keywords. Right?
That’s why I’ll click on “Advanced Filter” to add some conditions and it’ll give us easy to rank keywords.
As you can see in the screenshot that “Advance Filter” has 7 different option:
- Word Count
- KD% (i.e. Keyword Difficulty %)
- SERP Feature
- Result in SERP
We can set minimum and maximum value for all the options.
Our target is to find a low KD long tail keyword which has a good amount of traffic.
That’s why I’ve applied the following filter:
- Word Count: The minimum value of word count =4 so that I’ll show only long tail keyword
- KD%: Maximum value of KD%=40. It means it’ll show me only those keywords which have KD less than 40
- Volume: The minimum value of volume =100. It means that it’ll show me only those keywords which have a volume greater than or equal to 100.
STEP 3: As you can see in the below image that After applying the above filter, It’s showing me only 350 long-tail keywords which has keyword difficulty less than 40 and has search volume greater than 100.
In this way, you can find easy to rank long-tail keyword with the help of Keyword Magic Tool of SEMRush.
3. Tutorial to Steal Keywords: Steal the keyword for which your competitors are ranking on Google
Did you know that according to research done by Ahrefs, Top ranking articles not only rank for only one keyword but also they rank for 1000+ similar keywords?
It means that if you are planning to write an article on any topic then you should steal all the keywords for which the top 3 articles are ranking on Google.
Then cleverly use these keywords in your article.
But it’s not possible to find all these keywords manually for which top 3 articles are ranking.
But if you are using SEMRush then you can find all these keywords in just a few clicks.
So, must follow this detailed SEMRush tutorial and review to find keywords of top ranking articles.
How to Steal the Keywords of Top Ranking Articles?
There are two methods to find these keywords using SEMRush:
- METHOD 1: Use Google & SEMRush to Steal Keywords of Top Ranking Articles.
- METHOD 2: Use Only SEMRush to Steal Keywords of Top Ranking Articles
METHOD 1: Use Google & SEMRush to Steal Keywords of Top Ranking Articles.
STEP 1: Just Visit the Google.com and enter your target keyword and then copy the link of the top-ranking article.
STEP 2: Now open your SEMRush dashboard and paste this URL in the search box and click on the “search” button.
STEP 3: Scroll down to “Top Organic Keywords” section and click on “Show all organic Keywords”
In this way, you can check all the keywords for which these top 3 articles are ranking on Google.
STEP 4: From here you can apply an advanced filter to find only easy to rank long-tail keywords.
STEP 5: After applying the filter, it’ll show you all the easy to rank long tail keywords for which top 3 articles are ranking.
METHOD 2: Use Only SEMRush to Steal Keywords of Top Ranking Articles
This method is easier as compared to the previous method.
STEP 1: Open your SEMRush dashboard and enter your target keyword on the Search box and click on the “search” button.
STEP 2: Now scroll down to “Organic Search Result” section. As you can see in the image below. It’ll show you the URL of the top 10 ranking articles.
Suppose, I want to find all the keywords for which #1 article is ranking on Google. So, I’ll simply click on the 1st result.
STEP 3: Now again scroll down to “Top Organic Keywords” section and click on “view all organic keywords”
And it’ll show you all the keywords for which this article is ranking on Google.
After this, follow step 4 & step 5 of “method 1” to find easy to rank keywords from this 6.9k keywords.
You can repeat the same process again and again to check the keywords of other ranking articles.
4. Site Audit Tutorial: Do Site Audit with SEMRush and Improve Your Ranking
If you really want to improve your ranking then you should do the site audit of your website from time to time.
The best thing I like about SEMRush is that you have to create a project and activate Site audit feature for one time.
And after that SEMRush will do site audit of your site on a regular basis and send you the full report via email.
SEMRush not only finds the issues on your site but also it gives you the reason why are you getting these issues.
I’m 100% sure that now you’ll aks me this question:
Ok sumit, I understood that SEMRush will find the issues on my site and inform me why I’m getting this issue. But how to fix these issues?
Don’t Worry because If you are using SEMRush then you don’t need to worry about anything.
Because SEMRush all give you the tips to fix these issues. That’s why It’s my favorite tool to do the site audit.
How to activate Site Audit on SEMRush?
I’m going to share a step by step tutorial which will help you to set up site audit.
STEP 1: Open your SEMRush project and click on the “Site Audit” tools as shown below.
STEP 2: It’ll perform site audit and give you a detail report as shown below.
As you can see in the above image that it’s proving complete site audit based on:
- International SEO
- Site Performance
- Internal Linking
STEP 3: If you’ll scroll down the page then you can check all the technical issues of your site.
It also suggest practical advice to fix all these issues.
Things You can Check with SEMRush Site Audit Tool
Here are some amazing benefits of doing site audit with SEO.
In this section, you will get complete crawlability report.
You can tack following things in your crawlability report:
- Indexable Pages
- Non-indexable pages
- Temporary redirects
- Permanent redirects
- Duplicate content
- Pages canonicals to other pages.
- Large page size
- Slow page (HTML) load speed
- Blocked from crawling
- 4xx error
- 5xx error
- Redirect Chains and loops
2. Site Performance
SEMRush site audit also checks the speed of all your pages.
Also, it suggests what’s affecting your page speed and how to improve it.
3. Internal Linking Suggestions
After opening site audit tool, go to internal linking section to check all internal and external link errors.
It provides a detailed report as shown below.
It also checks for major internal linking issues like:
- Broken Internal Links
- Malformed links
- Broken external links
- Too many on-page links
- No-follow attribute in internal links
- and many more
And the best part is that you can fina all the powerful pages of your website.
SEMRush gives the ILR (Internal Link Rank) score from 1-100.
Higher score = powerful page
So, what to do after finding these powerful pages?
After finding these high link juice pages, you can add the internal links in this article.
Add the internal links of those pages which you want to rank higher on Google.
Apart from this feature, SEMRush also check all the pages for which you should build internal links.
By going to internal link distribution section, you can find the weak pages for which you should build internal links to improve ranking.
In this way, you can fix all internal link issues using SEMRush site audit tool.
If you’ll fix all these technical issues then it’ll help you to improve ranking of your articles.
So, must do site audit using SEMRush tool and see the magic.
A Detailed Video Tutorial to Setup SEMRush Site Audit
Watch this step by step SEMRush tutorial video which can help you to do setup Site Audit.
After login to your SEMRush account, Beside the search bar, you’ll see an option to create a project.
So, click on the project button and add your Site URL in it to create your first project.
After that, activate the Site audit feature.
5. SEMRush SEO Writing Assistant Tutorial: Write Fully SEO Optimized Article Easily
If you want to write a full SEO optimized article then I highly recommend you to get SEMRush trial and use SEMRush SEO Writing Assistant.
SEMRush SEO Writing Assistant is available for:
How to use SEMRush SEO Writing Assistant tool?
Now, I’m going to share a small tutorial and review of “SEO Writing Assistant” tool of SEMRush.
Follow this simple step by step guide:
STEP 1: What you have to do is just open your Google docs and click on Add-ons >> SEMRush SEO Writing Assistant >> Show
STEP 2: Now, in the right sidebar, you’ll see SEMRush SEO writing assistant dashboard as shown in the image.
Just enter your target keywords in it and click on “Get recommendations” button.
Now, it’ll show you the following things:
- Your overall SEO Score
- Readability Score
- Suggests average word count (After checking top 10 ranking articles)
- Find related keywords for you which you should include in your articles.
- Inform you about keyword stuffing
- It also checks your content for plagiarism
I hope that now you understood how to use SEO writing assistant to write SEO optimized article.
6) SEMRush SEO Content Template Tutorial: Enter Keyword and Get Content Template for Your Article
With the help of SEMRush Content Template, you can get a perfect SEO optimized article template for your blog.
How to Use SEMRush SEO Content Template Tool?
I’m going to share a detailed review and tutorial of SEMRush “SEO Content Template”.
Follow these simple step by step guide:
STEP 1: What you have to do is just open your SEMRush dashboard and click on SEO Content Template.
STEP 2: Then enter your target keyword and click on “Create SEO Template”
STEP 3: Now SEMRush will do a complete analysis of top 10 ranking articles and provide you with a perfect content template where you’ll get ideas about:
- The word count of your article
- LSI keywords to use in your article
- Suggest you sites from where you can get powerful backlinks for your article.
- Suggest the keywords which you should include in your headings
- And many more
7) On-Page SEO Checker Tutorial: Get Proven Tips to Optimize Your Content for Higher Ranking
Did you know that SEMRush has a special feature “On-Page SEO Checker” which is not available in any other tool?
If your article is not ranking on Google. It means that you’ve done something wrong.
But if you try to find it out yourself then it’ll take a hell lot of time.
So, here is a quick solution for you.
You can use the SEMRush On-Page SEO Checker tool and it’ll check your article for all the major ranking factors.
It automatically suggests practical suggestions which can help you to improve your ranking.
Also, it gives the reason why doing so will be worthwhile.
How to use SEMRush On-Page SEO Checker?
I’m going to share a small SEMRush tutorial and review of On-page SEO Checker tool.
Follow these simple step by step guide:
STEP 1: Open your project in SEMRush and click on On-Page SEO Checker section
STEP 2: As you can see that it’ll show an overview of all the ideas for your site.
STEP 3: Scroll down and you’ll see “top pages to optimize section” where you can click on the green buttons to fix your on-page SEO mistakes.
SEMRush On-Page SEO Checker suggest the ideas to fix all the on-page SEO mistakes.
It also checkers your articles with top 10 Ranking Article and suggests the following things:
- Semantically related words which you should add in your article to enrich your content.
- The best sources for getting backlinks (from where top 10 ranking articles build backlinks) to improve your ranking.
- Content-Length: It checked the word count of top 10 ranking articles and suggest you to average word count for your article.
- Keyword Usage: It also checkers top ranking article and suggests your no. of times you should repeat your target keyword in your article.
- Keyword Stuffing: If you’ve done keyword stuffing in your article then it’ll suggest you avoid keyword stuffing.
- And many other features are available in On-Page SEO checker.
On-page SEO checker helped me a lot to solve my SEO mistakes and improve my ranking.
Must try it you’ll also love it.
8) Backlink Audit Tutorial: Find and Remove Bad Backlink in Just a Few Clicks
As we all know that backlink is one of the major Google ranking factors.
So, definitely we should focus on building good high-quality backlinks. Because it can help us to improve our ranking.
BUT we should also remove bad or spammy backlinks from our site.
Because low-quality spammy links can affect our ranking.
If you are using SEMRush then you don’t need to worry about anything.
Because with the help of SEMRush Backlink Audit tool you can easily track and disavow the bad backlinks of your site in just a few clicks.
SEMRush divides all backlink into 3 categories based on toxic score.
- 0-44: If the toxic score of the domain from which you are getting a backlink is less than 45. It means it’s a good backlink.
- 45-59: Domain is potentially toxic.
- 60-100: If the toxic score is above 59. It means that the domain is toxic.
So, I’ll recommend you to disavow all the backlinks which have a toxic score greater than 44.
How to Remove Bad Backlinks Using SEMRush Backlink Audit Tool?
Now, I’m going to share a detailed tutorial and review of Backlink Audit tool.
So, Follow this step by step guide to remove bad backlinks from your site.
STEP 1: Visit your SEMRush account and in the left sidebar you’ll see an option “Backlink Audit”.
From here you’ll see the overview of your backlink profile.
STEP 2: As you can see in the screen below that on the right side of every backlink, it’s showing a toxic score and delete option.
So, select all the backlink which has a toxic score of 45-100 and click on the Delete button. And click on “To Disavow “
STEP 3: It’ll move all the backlinks to the Disavow tab. From here, you export all these bad backlinks as “.TXT” file.
STEP 4: Now go to Google Disavow tool and submit this text file.
In this way, you can disavow all the bad backlinks of your site in just a few clicks using SEMRush.
9. SEMRush Position Tracking Tutorial: Track Ranking of Your Keywords in just a Click
With the help of SEMRush, you can track the ranking of all your keywords.
You only need to set up position tracking for the first time and SEMRush will track the ranking of your article time to time.
Also, It sends weekly position change report.
It’ll help you to understand for which keywords your ranking are improving or decreasing.
How to Track Ranking of Your Keywords using SEMRush?
I’m going to share a small tutorial and review of SEMRush Position Tracking.
Follow this simple step by step guide.
STEP 1: Go to SEMRush and open your project.
In the project section, you’ll get an option called “Rank Tracker” click on it.
STEP 2: Now, click on the “overview” tab and it’ll show you ranking of all the keywords and position changes as shown below.
You can link it with your Google Analytics and also you can add as many keywords as you want.
You’ll also get weekly email about your keyword position.
10. GAP Analysis Tutorial: Find Missing Keywords & Backlinks in just one click
Gap Analysis one of the most amazing features of SEMRush.
With the help of this tool, you can do the following things:
- You can find all the keywords for your competitors are ranking on Google but you are not.
- It also helps you to track the keywords for which your competitors are ranking on the 1st page and you are on 2nd to 10th page.
- You can track the sites from which your competitors have to build the backlink but you are not.
SEMRush provides 3 types of Gap Analysis feature:
- Keyword Gap
- Backlink Gap
- Bulk Analysis
1. Keyword Gap
It’ll help you to find those keywords for which your competitors are ranking but you are not.
How to use SEMRush Keyword Gap Tool?
I’m going to share a detailed review and tutorial of Keyword Gap tool.
So, must follow this step by step guide:
STEP 1: After login to your SEMRush account, click on the Keyword Gap which is available under Gap analysis.
STEP 2: Enter your domain in the first field and in the field enter the URL of your competitors and click on compare button.
STEP 3: After clicking on the compare button, you’ll get a detailed analysis report:
Also, SEMRush will show you every detail as you can see in the screenshot below.
As you can see in the above screenshot, It divides all the keywords in 7 different tabs:
- Shared Tab: From here you can check all the keywords for which you and your competitors both are ranking on Google and also it highlights though who is ranking higher through light green colour.
- Missing Tab: In this tab, you’ll get the list of all the keywords for which your competitors are ranking on Google but you are not.
- Weak Tab: From this tab, you can get a list of all the keywords for which your competitors are ranking high but your ranking is low.
- Strong Tab: visiting this tab, you can check all the keywords for which you are ranking higher as compared to your competitors.
- Untapped Tab: In this tab, you’ll get a list of those keywords for which you are not ranking but at least one of your competitors is ranking.
- Unique Tab: In this tab, you’ll get a list of those keywords for which you are ranking on Google but your competitors are not.
- All Keywords Tab: From here you can check the keywords for which at least on of the entered domain is ranking.
2. Backlink Gap
Similar to Keyword Gap tool, you can use backlink gap feature to find the list of sites from where your competitors are getting backlinks but yo are not.
It’ll help you find the best source to get backlinks to improve the ranking of your site.
3. Bulk Analysis
In bulk analysis section you can add as many sites as you want to check the following things about these domains:
- No. of backlinks
- Referring domains
- Authority and many more.
11. Competitor Analysis Tutorial: Analyze Your Competitors to Outrank Them
With the help of SEMRush, you can do complete competitor analysis like:
- Organic Research
- Backlink Analysis
- Keyword Gap
- Backlink Gap
1. Organic Research: Through Organic Research feature of SEMrush, you can find your competitors estimated traffic, keywords, their backlinks and many more:
2. Backlink Analysis: With the help of Backlink Analysis tool, you can check the backlinks of your competitors to make your own link building strategies.
3. Keyword Gap: Keyword Gap feature can help you to find those keywords for which your competitors are ranking on google but you are not.
4. Backlink Gap: With this tool, you can check from which sites your competitors got the backlinks but you did not.
12. Social Media Tracker Tutorial: Schedule Posts, Track Your Competitors, boost a post and Many More
IT’s one of the best features of SEMRush which is not available in any other SEO tool.
With the help of this tool, you can do the following things:
- Schedule Post
- Get Insights
- Track Competitors
- Boost Your Posts
- Create Ads
1. Schedule Post:
SEMRush not only helps you to schedule your posts on social media but also suggest the best time to post on different social media. So that you can get more likes and clicks on your social media posts.
Here are some amazing features:
- You can schedule your posts.
- Suggest you to the best time to post.
- You can also import posts from CSV file.
- It also helps edit the image.
- You can use UTM for more accurate tracking.
- Available for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Google My Business
2. Get Insights
With the help of Social media tracker, you‘ll get complete details of your best performing content type, your audience age, country and many more.
You can check the following things:
- You can easily find which type of content i.e. post is giving you good result.
- With the help of this tool, you can track your audience growth.
- You’ll get complete detail of your audience like their age, country.
- It can even track the time when your audience is online.
3. Track Competitors
You can also check your competitors’ social media profile and track their performance:
You can do the following things:
- You can compare yourself with your competitors.
- It’ll help you to track what your competitors are posting on social media.
- You can check which type of content is working for your competitors.
- SEMRush will send you a weekly report and PDF file.
4. Boost Your Post
You can boost your post to reach the maximum audience.
It’ll help you to do the following things:
- You can increase your reach to reach to as many people as possible.
- It’ll help you to understand your ads performance.
5. Create Ads
You can also create and manage your ads using SEMRush.
You can do the following things using SEMRush:
- You can create Ads using SEMRush
- It will help you track your low performing ads so that you can easily optimize it.
- You can save a lot of time with its amazing features.
13. Traffic Analytics Tutorial: It’s Like Accessing Your Competitor’s Google Analytics Account
With the help of Traffic Analytics tool, you can get each and every detail of your competitor’s traffic sources.
It’s like accessing your competitor’s Google Analytics account.
You can add your domain and your competitor’s domain in traffic analytics.
And when you’ll open Traffic Analytics, you’ll see 5 different tabs:
- Traffic Insights
- Traffic Journey
- GEO Distribution
- Destination Sites and
- Subdomain (New Feature)
From this tab, you’ll get a detailed comparison between your and your competitor’s traffic in a graph.
You can check the following things:
- Total Visits
- Unique Visits
- Avg. visit duration
- Bounce rate and
- Traffic rank
2. Audience Insights
In this tab, you can compare your audience with your competitors’ audience.
You can add up to 5 domains here and you can check the following things:
- The way your competitors’ audience overlap with your audience.
- Size of your competitors’ audience as compared to your audience.
- The no. of visits to each website i.e. you can check their traffic.
3. Traffic Journey
With the help of this tab, you can spy on all the sources from which your competitors are getting maximum traffic.
semrush traffic analytics traffic journey tool review with detailed tutorial
You can track how much traffic they are getting from these sources:
- Social and
4. Top Pages
From this tab, you can check the top 1000 pages of your competitors based on their traffic.
It’ll help you to understand which pages of your competitors are getting maximum traffic.
5. GEO Distribution
By visiting this tab, you can check from which country your competitors are getting most of the traffic.
6. Destination Sites
In this tab, you’ll get the list of all the sites visited by users before visiting the analyzed domains.
You can get a list of all the subdomains of the analyzed domain. It’ll also show you the estimated traffic of each subdomain.
Bulk Analysis: In this tab, you can enter up to 200 domains to do complete traffic analysis of these sites.
With the help of these amazing features of SEMRush Traffic Analytics tool, you can check everything.
That’s why I said that it’s like accessing your competitor’s Google Analytics account.
14. Advertising Research Tutorial: Spy on Your Competitors Ads Copy and Target Keyword
Watch this a detailed video on SEMRush Advertising Research Toolkit to understand it in a better way.
01:10 – Competitive Analysis
05:31 – Keyword Research
08:15 – Ad Creation
10:18 – Management
With the help of Advertising Research toolkit you can do the following things:
- SPY on Competitors Ads Copy
- Check all the target keywords for any Ads copy of your competitors
- PLA (Product Listing Ads) Research for spying on e-commerce ads
- Check how much traffic your competitors get from any specific ads copy.
- You can create and manage ads.
- And much more.
15. Tutorial on Creating A Project: Track Everything About Your Website
You can create your own project on SEMRush and track everything from here
How to Create Project in SEMRush?
I’m going to share a quick tutorial and review on creating your first SEMRush project.
Follow these 2 simple steps:
STEP 1: Open your SEMRush dashboard and either click on “Projects” >> “Create A Project” or click on the plus “+” icon as shown in the image below.
STEP 2: Now enter your website URL and press enter.
STEP 3: After Creating Your Project You can access the following tools:
- Site Audit
- Position Tracking
- On-Page SEO Checker
- Social Media Tracker
- Social Media Poster
- Brand Monitoring
- Backlink Audit
- Link Building
- PPC Keywords Tool
- Ad Builder
- Organic Traffic Insights
- Content Analyzer
1. Site Audit: SEMRush will do Site Audit time to time and inform you about all the technical issues. It’ll suggest to you how to fix these issues.
2. Position Tracking: Setup position Tracking and add your keywords in it. After that, it’ll automatically track position changes of all these keywords. You’ll also get a weekly report of position change via email.
3. On-Page SEO Checker: From here, you can check all the on-page SEO mistakes. You’ll also get proven advice which can help you to improve your ranking.
4. Social Media Tracker: You can track your social media audience activity and engagement from here.
5. Social Media Poster: With the help of this tool, you can schedule your social media posts from here to save a lot of time and it’ll also help you to track that which type of post is performing well.
6. Brand Monitoring: From here, you can track if someone mentions you or your competitors on the web and social media.
7. Backlink Audit: With the help of backlink audit tool, you can track all the bad backlinks of your site and disavow all these backlinks.
8. Link Building: It’ll suggest you the best sources to build high-quality backlinks to outrank your competitors.
9. PPC Keywords Tool: SEMRush PPC Keyword Tool can help you to search, create and manage your PPC Ads.
10. Ad Builder: This tool can help you to create high converting ads. You can also check the ad copy and keywords of your competitors to get ideas.
11. Organic Traffic Insights: You can connect your Google Analytics and Google Search Console account with SEMRush to unlock “NOT PROVIDED” keywords. It’ll help you to track exact organic traffic and keywords.
12. Content Analyzer: With the help of this tool, you can track your domain content and your guest posts to find the best performing content.
SEMRush Pricing: 3 Plans with Discount on Annual Plan
SEMRush offers 3 plans. Each plan has some unique features:
- SEMRush Pro Plan ($99.95/month)
- SEMRush Guru Plan ($199.95/month)
- SEMRush Business Plan ($399.95/month)
If you are planning to purchase SEMRush then I’ll recommend you to pay annually because on an annual plan you can get a 16% discount.
It means that you can save a good amount of money if you pay annually.
Now let’s discuss these plans in detail.
1. SEMRush PRO Plan
SEMRush Pro plan is perfect for bloggers, freelancers, startup and in-house marketers who have a limited budget.
This plan will cost you $99.95 per month.
In this plan, you’ll get 40+ different tools which can help you to run your SEO, PPC and SMM projects easily.
2. SEMRush Guru Plan
Guru Plan is perfect for SMB (small and medium-sized business) and growing agencies. The pricing of this plan is $199.95 per month.
In this plan, you will get all the pro features and in addition, you will get these features:
- Branded report
- Historical data
- Extended limit and
- Content Marketing Platform
3. SEMRush Business Plan
The business plan is perfect for E-commerce projects, large business and agencies.
This plan will cost you $399.95 per month.
In this plan, you’ll get all the pro and guru features and in addition, you’ll get some amazing features like:
- API access
- Extended limit and sharing options
- Google data studio integration
- White level reports
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Related to SEMRush Tutorial
What is SEMRush?
SEMRush is an SEO tool that can help you to do keyword research, topic research, competitor analysis, rank tracking, backlink audit, Site audit, PLA Research, Advertising research and many more.
Can We use SEMRush for FREE?
You, SEMRush also offers a free trial. So that anyone can try this tool for free of cost.
Is SEMRush better than Ahrefs?
Yes, SEMRush is better than Ahrefs and other SEO tools because it has some amazing features which are missing in other SEO tools.
What’s the monthly cost of SEMRush?
SEMRush plans starts from $99.99/month. It has 3 different plans; PRO, GURU & Business. You can purchase any plan according to your requirements.
Can we use SEMrush without Credit Card?
No, you can’t use SEMrush without credit card. If you want to get Free trial of this tool or want to purchase any plan of SEMrush then you have to enter your credit card details.
Can SEMrush help me in Content Marketing?
Yes, SEMrush provides SEMrush Content Marketing toolkit. With the help of this toolkit, you can prepare and execute your content marketing strategies in the fastest way.
How does SEMrush calculate any website traffic?
To Calculate any website’s estimated traffic, SEMrush multiplies its CTR (i.e. “click-through rate,”) with its keyword volume and dividing by 30 ( i.e. the number of days in a month)
Final Words About SEMRush Review & Ultimate Tutorial
I hope that now you understood that this SEO tool can help you to take your blog to the next level.
This is the reason why professional bloggers like Anil Aggarwal, Kulwant Nagi, Ankit Singla, Akshay Hallur and many more are using SEMRush.
They are using it because they know the power of SEMRush.
SEMRush Free Trial: Click on this magic link to get a free trial of SEMRush (Worth $99)
A special SEMRush promo code (i.e. coupon code) will be applied automatically when you click on the above link.
With the above link, you can get 100% SEMRush discount i.e. you can use this tool for $0.
So, must grab this free trial of SEMRush to change your SEO game from today.
I tried to cover everything in this article. It’s a detailed & ultimate SEMrush Guide for 2022 which will help you to understand how to use SEMrush.
After reading this SEMrush Review, you can use SEMrush in the right way to grow your search traffic.
“If you found this SEMRush tutorial and detailed review helpful then please let me know via comment below.”
And don’t forget to share it on social media.
Thanks in Advance! ♥