Draftbit is one of the best no-code tools I’ve found for building mobile apps without coding.
It lets me visually design full-featured iOS and Android apps 10x faster through its easy drag-and-drop interface.
Pricing starts at free and it offers great capabilities like real-time mobile previews, data connections, collaboration features, and instant progressive web and app publishing.
I’ve used the Draftbit free version myself and it has been extremely helpful to turn my app ideas into reality.
Plus it has a 30-day money-back guarantee so you can get started risk-free.
If you want to build mobile apps without learning how to code, Draftbit is a smart choice.
It has saved me huge amounts of development time and costs.
- Intuitive drag-and-drop interface enables building apps visually without coding
- Supports creating iOS, Android, and web apps from a single project
- Generates full source code ownership based on React Native
- Built-in block templates and examples accelerate development
- Real-time previews on connected devices to test while building
- Facilitates integrating data sources and APIs
- Team collaboration features
- Guidance provided for app store submissions
- Advanced capabilities have significant learning curves
- Done for you service plans are expensive
- The free plan has limited features
VALID FOR NExT FEW HOURS
What is Draftbit?
Draftbit is a no-code mobile app development platform.
It enables anyone to create mobile apps for iOS and Android without coding.
Its drag-and-drop visual interface lets you design full-featured iOS and Android apps rapidly.
As you customize, Draftbit generates React Native source code behind the scenes so you own what you build.
It’s very easy to use. Just select templates, customize themes, link databases, enable collaboration, preview the app in real time, and then publish on the app store.
Features: What can you do with Draftbit?
Draftbit stands out from other no-code app-building platforms with robust features optimized for both developers and non-developers.
As users visually build mobile apps, Draftbit generates full source code ownership.
This empowers advanced control over the end product. Key capabilities include:
- Build Anything: An extensive library of customizable components, code snippets, and templates to construct any app design needed.
- Match Branding: Visual tools like color palettes, font styling, and interface components can be customized so apps match the company or project’s visual identity.
- Access APIs: Users can connect an app to outside data sources like weather information or search engines through standard programming links called APIs.
- Add Integrations: Plugins from other software companies can be added to expand what the app does, like enabling chat features or calendars.
- Instant Screen Code: As the visual design progresses, the source code an engineer would normally have to painstakingly type generates automatically behind the scenes.
- Source Code Download: Once the design is finished, the complete set of perfectly formatted code powering the app can be exported for advanced functionality tweaks beyond the visual tool.
- Open Source Format: The code never gets locked into Draftbit and can be transferred elsewhere.
- Live Previews: At any point in the design process, mobile previews show exactly how the current work looks and functions when launched as a real app on phones or tablets.
- Quick Web Publishing: A draft app version can be published as a simple website in one click, enabling convenient sharing progress before going through full app store approval steps.
- Team Collaboration: Multiple people can be invited to co-design apps together in a shared workspace rather than relying on fragmented file swapping.
- App Store Publishing: Guidance and best practices are offered to navigate the submission process so finished apps get published correctly to Google and Apple stores.
Visual App Builder
Draftbit provides an intuitive drag-and-drop visual interface that allows anyone to design and build fully functional mobile apps for iOS and Android, without needing to know how to code.
Users can simply drag and drop elements to construct app layouts, flows, and custom components.
A major capability Draftbit offers is the ability to instantly preview app designs directly on your connected mobile device.
As shown in the above screenshot, by scanning a generated QR code, you can test your app in real time on an actual phone or tablet while iteratively improving it.
Draftbit makes collaborating with others easy through shared workspaces.
Multi-person teams can be invited to concurrently design apps, fueling creativity, and productive feedback, and allowing groups to tackle projects together through the visual design process.
Source Code Export
As users visually design by placing elements onto Draftbit’s intuitive builder, the platform automatically generates clean React Native source code.
This empowers app creators by enabling full ownership over what gets built for advanced customization or integration with external tech stacks.
User Experience: Is Draftbit Easy To Use?
Draftbit is known for being user-friendly, especially for beginners in app development.
Its drag-and-drop interface makes starting a project easy, even for those who don’t know how to code.
I find the platform easy to navigate, with clear steps to choose templates and customize their apps.
The live preview feature is a big plus, showing your changes in real-time to understand exactly how it will appear in the final app.
While using advanced features like API integration takes some learning, Draftbit’s design and help resources make it easier to understand.
Overall, Draftbit is a good balance of simple for new users and detailed for experienced developers, offering a professional yet accessible tool for building apps.
Pricing: How Much Is Draftbit?
Draftbit’s pricing begins with a Free Plan at $0 per month, ideal for beginners.
The Basic Plan is $29 per month for taking apps live, while the Pro Plan at $79 per month offers source code access.
Teams can use the Team Plan at $249 per month with collaboration features.
For professionals, the Freelancer Plan is $129 per month with client-focused features, and the Agency Plan is $399 per month for extensive client collaboration.
The Enterprise Plan at $995 per month suits large organizations with comprehensive support.
Expert assistance is available through plans ranging from $2,000 to $12,000 per month, offering part-time to full-team support for app development.
How is the Support and community for Draftbit?
Draftbit supports its users with a strong combination of community and resources.
The platform hosts a private community, where users can connect, share experiences, and seek advice from fellow app builders.
For immediate queries, there’s a live chat option, ensuring quick responses and support.
In addition to the private community and live chat, Draftbit’s website offers a wealth of information for both new and experienced users.
The resource section is packed with useful guides, that provide step-by-step assistance.
For those just starting out, the docs section is especially valuable, offering easy-to-understand instructions and tips.
This comprehensive support structure ensures that every Draftbit user can find the help they need quickly and efficiently, enhancing their overall app development experience.
NOTE: If you don’t know what to look when purchasing a no-code app builder then read this guide.
And if you are confused between no-code and traditional way of building mobile app then read this.
- Intuitive visual builder
- No coding required
- Single project = iOS, Android & web apps
- Full source code ownership
- Templates & samples accelerate creation
- Real-time mobile previews
- Connect data sources & APIs
- Team collaboration enabled
- App store publishing guidance
- Advanced features have learning curves
- Done-for-you services cost extra
- Free plan has usage limits
Overall, Draftbit is a good no-code mobile app platform that caters to both beginners and experienced developers with its easy-to-use interface and support for iOS and Android. The platform offers extensive customization, though some advanced features require a learning curve. With its strong community support and flexible pricing plans, Draftbit is a versatile choice for a wide range of mobile app development projects.
Overall, Draftbit stands out as a user-friendly and versatile platform for building mobile apps.
Its ease of use, combined with support for both iOS and Android, makes it an excellent choice for beginners and experienced developers alike.
While there’s a learning curve for more advanced features, the range of customization options and robust community support makes it a valuable tool.
The flexible pricing also caters to a wide range of users, from individuals to large teams.
In Short, Draftbit offers a comprehensive solution for mobile app development in the no-code arena.
Does Draftbit have a free plan?
Yes, Draftbit offers a free forever pricing tier that provides unlimited access to the core visual app builder. Users can create multiple apps leveraging essential tools and functionality without paying.
What is Draftbit used for?
Draftbit is a no-code development platform used for visually building, testing, and publishing mobile apps for iOS, Android, and the web without needing to write any code.
Is coding required to use Draftbit?
No. The user-friendly visual drag-and-drop builder interface enables creation of apps without any coding required.
What platforms does Draftbit replace?
Draftbit can replace the need to manually code apps using languages like Swift, Kotlin or React Native, speeding up app creation through drag-and-drop software functionality instead.
Can I sell physical products on Draftbit?
While Draftbit specializes in creating front-end mobile and web apps, it can connect to separate ecommerce platforms facilitating physical or digital product sales workflows. But it does not offer native shopping cart or marketplace builder features.
Top Draftbit Alternatives
If you want more feature-rick platform that can help you to build training and coaching type app then try this.
Done For you
If you don’t want to design your app yourself and want to hire professional developer at very affordable price then check this.