Looking for the best SERP keyword rank tracker tools in 2022? Look no further as I’m going to list all the best ones in this post and in case you don’t understand much about it, I’ll explain that too.
As you are reading this, I’m assuming that you already know about the SERP tracking tools or the rank tracking tools and their benefits.
Also, don’t worry if you are new to it. I’ll talk about it in a manner that will help you to decide if you need a SERP tracking tool or not and how it is going to help you grow.
Being said that, Let’s get straight to the point.
Affiliate Disclosure (Please read it):
The links available in this article are my affiliate link. If you’ll use any of these links and make a purchase then I’ll get a small commission without costing you anything extra. It’ll only help me to run this blog successfully and provide helpful content like this for Free. Thanks in advance if you are going to use my affiliate link for purchasing any of these SERP tacking tools. ❤️❤️❤️
- What Are the Best SERP Keyword Rank Tracker Tools?
- What Is A SERP Tracking Tool Or Keyword Rank Tracking Tool?
- Why Should You Use SERP Tracking Tools?
- Things to Consider When Choosing The Best SERP Rank Tracker Tool
- 9 Best SERP Rank Tracking Tool [Both Free & Paid]
- Final Words About The Best SERP Keyword Rank Tracker Tools
What Are the Best SERP Keyword Rank Tracker Tools?
Before we talk about the best SERP tracking tools let’s understand what exactly it is and how it is helpful for you.
What Is A SERP Tracking Tool Or Keyword Rank Tracking Tool?
A SERP tracking tool or a keyword rank tracking tool changed how we were looking at our website ranking on search engines like Google, Bing, etc.
Before these amazing SEO tools were introduced to us, we used to search for all the keywords that we were trying to rank one by one and then create a spreadsheet based on the ranking position.
While it was tedious and unreliable work, it was also inaccurate because of limited data. Clearly, it wasn’t sustainable and that’s where these tools come to play.
We will talk more about it later in this article and you should use it but before that let’s have a quick look at the best SERP keyword rank tracking tools with the help of the table below.
|Tool’s Name||Pricing||Our Rating||Link|
|SEO Powersuite Rank Tracker||Starts from $149/Year||4.8/5||Try It For FREE!|
|SERP Watcher by Mangools||Starts from $29.90/Month||4.8/5||Try It For FREE!|
|NightWatch.io||Starts from $32/Month||4.7/5||Get Your FREE Trial!|
|Serpwatch.io||Starts from $29/Month||4.7/5||Try It For FREE!|
|AccuRanker||Starts from $116/Month||4.6/5||Get Your FREE Trial!|
|SEMrush||Starts from $99.95/Month||4.7/5||Try It For FREE!|
|SE Ranking||Starts from $18.72/Month||4.6/5||Get Your FREE Trial!|
|Serpstat||Starts from $45/Month||4.5/5||Try It For FREE!|
|Wincher||Starts from €24/Month||4.5/5||Get Your FREE Trial!|
So that’s the list of all the SERP tracking tools or rank trackers that I think are the best SERP keyword rank tracker tools.
Don’t worry I’m not here to just give you a list and a lot of confusion. I’m here to help and that’s why we’ll talk more about each of them in a descriptive manner.
But before that let’s talk about why you should consider using SEO tools like this.
Why Should You Use SERP Tracking Tools?
Obviously, the SERP tracking software or tools make your life easier as an SEO or a website owner. It does a lot of things that aren’t simply reliable if you decide to do them yourself.
But to keep it short and simple, let me summarize the benefits of using a SERP tracking tool in your SEO strategy with the following list:
- It saves you a lot of time and a lot of manual work effort put into your SEO strategy.
- With the help of tools like this, you get the most reliable and accurate ranking data.
- You can track performance on multiple search engines at once without any extra effort.
- Monitor competitors’ ranking data and figure out what’s working for them.
- Increase your sales and leads using the right keywords on your website pages.
- Figure out what’s working for you and what’s not. Grow faster than ever.
- And much more…
Apart from these, your SERP tracking tools might also include a lot of other features and data that might help you to level up your SEO game.
Now let’s briefly talk about the things that you should consider looking for when trying to purchase a rank tracking tool or SERP tracker tool.
Things to Consider When Choosing The Best SERP Rank Tracker Tool
Again, there could be a lot of things that you want from your SERP tracker tools, but make sure to see these essential features and benefits:
1. The Number Of Keywords You Are Allowed To Track
Depending on your needs, the number of keywords that you need to track can be as low as 100 and as much as 50,000.
So get a rough idea of how many keywords you would want to track on your website and choose a plan or tool that allows you to do that.
If your website has very few pages then you may not need a higher number of keywords availability but in case you run a regularly managed blog then the number would be much higher than what you might think.
Take a moment, and decide carefully.
2. Software Type (Is It A Cloud Application Or Something Else?)
Again based on your needs, you might want to consider using a SERP checker tool that is either accessible from anywhere anytime using their website or a traditional software for office space.
For most people a could application may make more sense but businesses that operate from an office may benefit from buying a traditional keyword ranking tool as the traditional software is also usually cheaper than its cloud-based counterpart.
3. Accuracy Of The Tracker
This one is common sense. If your ranking data or the information provided by these SEO tools are not accurate then they are almost useless.
A lot of the tools rely on historical data instead of using crawlers to crawl the web almost every day and gather the latest data to present to you.
So make sure that you are getting the most accurate data out of your SERP tracking tools and that it is highly reliable.
4. Daily Automatic Email About Ranking Changes
Most SEO tools with rank tracking features allow you to receive email reports for ranking changes or position changes for your chosen keywords.
This is also an extremely helpful feature as you don’t have to open your software dashboard to look for changes. You can get summarized email reports all about it on a regular basis.
If you are in a competitive niche or market then I would highly recommend choosing a SERP tracker that also provides this feature on a daily basis.
For others, a weekly report is also fine. Daily reports are still better though!
5. Pricing Of The Software
This one needs no explanation. Almost everyone will look at it but I still wanted to remind you that it should be a very important factor when choosing your SERP tracking tools.
Yes, you do want the best SERP tracking tools possible but you also do not want to exceed your budget. So make a smart choice and figure out which one is the best value for money SERP tracking tool for you.
6. Detailed Reporting Capabilities
As SEO specialists, many of us are suckers for great reporting and insights. And rightly so!
After all, this is something that allows you to figure out everything that is right or wrong and what needs to be done next.
While only a detailed report with accurate data is enough for me, I also believe that a good design definitely makes it a lot more attractive and better.
So make sure your SERP tracking tools don’t lack on this part as well.
7. Customer Support
Needless to say that if you ever run into an issue, you would really want a great support team looking out for you.
Thankfully we don’t need it very often but still, make sure to check if a good support team is available or not with your preferred keyword tracking tool.
Now it’s time we talk about all the SEO tools mentioned before in detail.
9 Best SERP Rank Tracking Tool [Both Free & Paid]
As I promised in the beginning, now let’s talk about each of the recommended best SERP tracking tools.
1. SEO Powersuite Rank Tracker
SEO Powersuite’s Rank Tracker is one of the best when it comes to keyword ranking tools or tackers.
The SEO Powersuite was founded by Aleh Barysevich on September 14, 2044. He is also the CMO of this awesome SEO tools company.
This one is not only a rank tracking tool but a suite of SEO tools as the name suggests. Also, it is not cloud-based software which helps in saving costs and being affordable for people like us.
Currently, you can download and use it on Windows PC, Mac, or Linux operating system.
The SEO Powersuite includes multiple SEO-related tools but as we are here only to talk about search engine ranking position tracking software, let’s talk about the Rank Tracker tool by SEO Powersuite.
This SERP tracking tool comes with the following amazing features that you can use to get better results in your SEO strategies.
Top Features & Benefits SEO Powersuite’s Rank Tracker:
- Rank Tracking – The rank tracking feature allows you to track your website’s ranking as the name suggests.
- SEO Reports – Find and fix issues related to SEO using this feature. Also, get an insight into your overall SEO efforts.
- Traffic Metrics – Get highly actionable traffic metrics with the help of this tool. Such as keyword rankings reports, competitor ranking reports, website visitors reports, etc.
- Easy Data Management – Easily manage all your data and projects using it like SEO professionals.
- Flexible Settings – This allows you to customize the software experience and a lot of useful variables to suit your needs. It also comes in multiple languages by the way.
- Search Safely – It supports working through a proxy and also runs in a safer way so that you don’t get blocked by the search engines.
And of course, it has more tools and sub-features built into it that enhance its capabilities. You can learn more about it on their official website here.
Now let’s talk about its pricing.
The starting plan for the SEO Powersuite’s Rank Tracker is called “Rank Tracker Professional” and it will cost you $149/year.
They also have another plan called “Rank Tracker Enterprise” which costs $349/year.
To see their latest pricing and compare the plans, click here!
If you are looking for a powerful suite of SEO tools or rank tracking software within a tight budget then SEO Powersuite’s Rank Tracker is one of the best SERP tracking tools out there for you.
Its professional plan is suitable for individuals and small-scale SEO professionals. On the other hand, the enterprise plan is there for big agencies and businesses to help out with their SEO projects.
Feel free to try their free version before you make a decision to get the advanced and premium versions of the tool.
2. SERP Watcher by Mangools
SERP Watcher by Mangools is again one of the best SERP tracking tools that you can get your hand on. It’s one of my personal favorites when it comes to design.
This SERP Watcher is again part of a suite of SEO tools built by the team at Mangools. Their first tool i.e., KWFinder was launched back in August 2014 by Peter Hrbáčik who is still the CEO and Founder of Mangools at present.
The best thing that I like about this SERP Watcher or any other Mangools toolset is the design. They have one of the best and cleanest designs ever.
If you are looking for a suite of SEO tools at a very low budget yet you don’t want to compromise in terms of quality, this is the tool for you. And by the way, this one is based on the cloud or the internet.
Not so sure about it? Let’s quickly have a look at the top features and benefits that you get with this SERP Tracker tool.
Top Features & Benefits Of SERP WATCHER BY MANGOOLS
- Performance Index – It allows you to track your SERP positions and keeps you updated with the performance of your website.
- Daily Rank Updates – The SERP Watcher also ensures that you get the latest SERP positions by updating them daily.
- Email Alert – You will also receive email alerts for the ranking changes which is super helpful as you don’t have to check it every single day. Although we do it anyway, don’t we? 😉
- Advanced SERP Tracking – Track your keyword ranking data based on any location, device, etc. It supports over 50k locations to track SERP for your targetted keywords.
- Interactive Reports & Alerts – It has one of the best interactive reports and alerts built into it and it is super easy to share them with anyone including your clients. Just share a link and that’s it.
Now let’s have a look at the pricing for the SERP Watcher by Mangools.
The annual Mangools Basic plan starts at $29.90/month, and the top tier plan i.e., Mangools Agency costs you $79.90/month.
On the other hand, if you choose to pay on a monthly basis then the cost would be $49/month for the Mangools Basic plan and $129/month for the Mangools Agency plan.
You can compare all of their plans on their official pricing page.
SERP Watcher by Mangools is one of the best SERP tracking tools when it comes to a perfect combination of affordability, quality, and good design.
It’s mostly suitable for individuals and small businesses or agencies. However, an enterprise may also use it.
Personally, this is my favorite one on this list and I highly recommend you get your hands on it. To make it an even better deal for you, click here to get a 10-day free trial now!
Nightwatch is another great SERP checker tool or rank tracking service. While couldn’t find exact details about the company’s history, it seems like it was founded in September 2015.
And the current CEO who is most likely also the founder of Nightwatch is Aljaž Fajmut. I found him on LinkedIn.
While they definitely need to work on their about page, their SERP tracking features are already awesome and they keep improving them.
This one is insane when it comes to tracking your ranking and keyword positions across the globe. They track your ranking or SERP performance from over 107,296 locations worldwide.
That’s over 50,000 extra location options compared to any other SERP tracking tools in the industry right now.
The pricing for Nightwatch.io starts from $32/month for its base annual plan and it goes up to $295/month for its annual agency plan.
Top Features & Benefits Of Nightwatch.io
- Rank Tracker – This allows you to track your website’s ranking across the world.
- Create Custom Segments – Nightwatch also allows you to create custom segments that are extremely useful.
- Accurate Local Tracking – When it comes to business, both local and global tracking and monitoring are important. With Nightwatch.io, you can do so with the most accurate data compared to many other such tools.
- Track SERP Features – You can also track the SERP features which is very rare. Again it’s one of the best ones in this regard as well.
- Beautifully Designed Actionable Reports – On Nightwatch.io, the data never looks boring as it is very well designed, accurate, and amazing.
And that’s not all.
It also works with multiple search engines and it has many other features that you can read about on its official website here.
For now, let’s talk about its pricing.
As mentioned before, the pricing for Nightwatch.io starts from $32/month for the starter plan and the agency plans cost you $295/month when you choose annual billing.
If you choose monthly billing then the price would change by a slight margin.
You can check all of their pricing plans and compare them over here on their official website.
In my opinion, Nightwatch is suitable for both individuals and businesses. If you are an individual then you can’t go wrong with their base and in case you are a business then an agency plan might be enough for you.
Although, I do think that it’s mostly suitable for small businesses, individuals, or freelancers.
The good news is they also offer a risk-free trial period that you can use to test it out before making a decision.
Again, SerpWatch is one of the best ones out there when it comes to SERP tracking tools in your SEO toolset. But I’ve limited info about their history as well.
As much as I can figure out from their about page, SerpWatch was founded by Josh Wardini and Nikola Peskir in around 2000.
Man….! Some of these guys need a lesson on how to write the about page for their company, don’t they? 🙂
Anyway, that’s not that important. Let’s talk about the SERP keyword tracker that you get with SerpWatch.
This one also comes with a brilliant design and one more thing that I love about it is that it also integrates with Slack.
With SerpWatch you can get started with as low as $29/month on their annual billing plans and they also have a free trial for you if you need it.
Top Features & Benefits Of SerpWatch
- Accurate & Verifiable Data – SerpWatch also has one of the most accurate data on this list of SERP checker tools. On top of that, it also offers SERP screenshots so that you can verify them yourself.
- Global Plus Local Tracking – You can also track both your global ranking or local ranking for your website’s pages and positions based on tracked keywords.
- Get Timely Notification On Any Device – It also has the feature to notify about anything important directly on your phone or computer on the go.
- Track Multiple Search Engines – While Google is definitely dominating the search engine market, there are still big players with a significant amount of search volume. SerpWatch allows you to track them as well.
- Multiple Languages & Locations Support – Not tracking an English website? No issues. SerpWatch supports multiple languages and locations as well. Track from anywhere in any language. Almost!
Now of course this is not everything it has to offer, you can read more about its feature here on this official page.
The pricing for SerpWatch starts at $29/month for their annual plans and it goes up to $199 for their premium plan.
In my opinion, this is one of the most budget-friendly options on this list.
Like the rest of the tools in this list, SerpWatcher is also a very good SERP tool that allows you to track and keep an eye on your search engine optimization.
This one is most suited for those who are looking for one of the most budget-friendly options that are also reliable and has a beautiful interface.
Unlike most of the others in this list, AccuRanker solely focuses on businesses and agencies as their targetted customer.
AccuRanker was founded by Henrik Jørgensen and Christian Pedersen in 2013 and they have never stopped growing since then.
Here’s my fair warning that this is one of the very advanced rank tracker or SERP tracking tools that I’ve ever seen.
Unless you are an SEO specialist or an expert at this, you might find it overwhelming in the beginning.
This amazing SEO Tool will cost you about $116/month to get started and the pricing is very flexible as per your requirements.
Top Features & Benefits Of AccuRanker
- High-Speed Rank Software – When it comes to big businesses and agencies, speed matters a lot and that’s why you’ll love AccuRanker. It is super fast, unlike others.
- Flexible & Transparent Pricing – This is also extremely important when you do business on a scale. Thankfully, AccuRanker offers flexible and transparent pricing.
- Easily Access & Use Data With API – It also allows you to easily access and use the data to create your own tools or applications.
- Segmentation & Data Cubing – With AccuRanker, it is easier to create segments as per your needs and data cubing as well.
- Integrations With Useful Services – AccuRanker also integrates with other amazing tools such as Google Data Studio, Google Analytics, Google Sheets, etc. to make your work even more fun and effective.
Want to learn more about its features? Click here to read about it.
The pricing for AccuRanker is flexible and transparent. It starts at $116/month and it can go up to an absurd amount based on your needs.
Clearly, AccuRanker is not just a SERP tracker or a keyword tracking tool. It’s much more than that and it is a highly advanced SEO tool that is suitable only for big businesses and agencies.
If you are one of them, then you have found the best SERP tracking tool for your needs.
Semrush is a well-known brand when it comes to SEO tools and it also shines in terms of SERP tracker.
Semrush was founded in 2008 by Oleg Shchegolev and it quickly became one of the most renowned brands in the SEO space.
The best part about Semrush (Review) is that it is an all-in-one product that has tons of features and tools built into it.
So basically, with a single payment of $99.95/month, it’s like owning a lot of different powerful SEO tools. It’s just amazing.
Top Features & Benefits
- Full SEO & Marketing Suite – While you’ll be paying a single bill, Semrush comes with almost everything that you need in your SEO and marketing journey.
- Position Tracking – As the name suggests, it allows you to keep track of your SERP position based on your target keywords.
- Semrush Sensor – It helps you to identify search engine volatility and algorithm changes.
- Competitor Analysis – You can also compare your ranking and everything else with your competitors and spy on them.
- Choose From Multiple Devices & Locations – It has a variety of choices when it comes to selecting a specific location and you can even select the device type for it.
Now, this is just a trailer of what Semrush is, if you want to learn more about it and its features then click here.
The pricing for Semrush starts at $99.95/month for its annual plans and it goes up to $374.95 for its top-tier plan.
You can learn more about and compare all the Semrush pricing plans over here.
Semrush is so popular among businesses, freelancers, agencies, and even individuals. It’s almost like a synonym for SEO.
And as the sentence above suggests, it’s suitable for almost everyone as it’s a very versatile suite of SEO tools.
Unless you are specifically looking for a rank tracking tool or SERP tracker, Semrush is one of the best value-for-money options available on this list.
7. SE Ranking
Now to talk about SE Ranking, it is a little bit unique in its own way. SE Ranking was founded by Valery Kurilov in 2013 and since then it’s only gotten bigger.
SE Ranking is also a suite of SEO tools like Semrush which has amazing features built into it for your success.
You can get started with SE Ranking for as low as $18.72/month with their annual plans.
Top Features & Benefits SE Ranking
- Multiple SEO Tools – While it is a great SERP tracker, it also has other useful SEO tools that might make it more valuable to you.
- Keyword Rank Tracking – It also helps you track your ranking across search engines for your targetted keywords obviously.
- Backlink Analysis & Monitoring – You also get a tool to analyze your backlinks and monitor them.
- Multiple Locations & Multiple Languages – Track your search engine performance from multiple locations and in multiple languages.
Plus, there are many more other helpful features and benefits of using SE Ranking which you can read about by clicking here.
The pricing starts at $18.72/month for the base plan of SE Ranking and it goes up to $151.20/month for their business plan.
They also have a FREE trial that you can use to test it out before making a decision.
SE Ranking has diverse plans for different needs and it has a suite of SEO tools so it is helpful for almost everyone.
Compare it with others to see if it’s the right fit for you or not. If it is, you can get started with SE Ranking for as low as $18.72/month by clicking here.
Serpstat is another extremely popular name when it comes to SERP tracking tools. Serpstat was co-founded by Oleg Salamaha and Artem Borodatyuk in 2013.
This one is more popular in the eyes of some of the biggest brands and businesses that I know and they are really doing great.
Serpstat is also an all-in-one SEO tool that happens to have an awesome SERP tracker built into it.
You can get started with Serpstat for as low as $45/month and you can try it for free before committing to their premium plans.
Top Features & Benefits Serpstat
- Worldwide Rank Tracking – Track your keyword ranking all around the world with high accuracy.
- Scheduled Reports – Schedule reports based on your preference and stay up to date with everything.
- Keyword Research Tool – Serpstat also comes with one of the best keyword research tools built into it as part of many other SEO tools.
- Batch Analysis Of Keywords & Domains – Lots of domains and keywords to look for? Use the Serpstat batch analysis feature. Easy-peasy!
- Site Audit & Many Other Tools – Also comes with a site audit and many other helpful SEO-related tools to help you out on your journey.
To learn more about all the features and tools they offer, read this official page here.
The pricing for Serpstat starts at $45/per month and goes up to $324/month based on which plan you choose.
To check all their plans and to compare them, click here!
Didn’t like any of the tools mentioned above? Maybe Serpstat is the right fit for you. Based on my observation, this keyword tracking or SEO tool is mostly suited for brands.
However, the cheaper plans may also interest some individuals to try them on. At this point, it’s just what works for you.
Wincher is another name that truly deserves a place on this list. Wincher was founded by Kim Ängalid in 2013 and now it’s one of the best out there.
This made-in-Sweden SERP tracker or SEO toolset is beautifully designed and it feels really good to use it. It doesn’t feel overwhelming at all.
To get started with Wincher, you need a budget of at least €24/month. However, you can definitely take a test drive if you want to.
Top Features & Benefits Wincher
- Daily Ranking Updates – Wincher tracks your ranking on a daily basis and keeps the data up to date.
- Unlimited Users – This is the only SERP tracker or SEO tool that allows unlimited users on all of their plans. Definitely, a big plus point, isn’t it?
- Automated Email Reports – You can set and customize automated email reports at your convenience.
- Full API Access – Want to build something of your own using their data? You can with their full API access.
- Beautiful & Simple Design – I’m so in love with their beautiful and simple design that I had to mention it. It feels like looking at a beautiful graphic and it’s simple to use.
You can learn more about Wincher and its features on this page here.
The pricing for Wincher starts at €24/month and it goes up to €374/month based on your requirements.
Check their pricing plans and compare them over here.
Wincher is just like the other tools listed in this post but it has a totally unique design and user experience that I love so much.
On top of that, it is the only tool that allows unlimited users on all of their plans which is mind-blowing to me.
So if it fits your needs, then definitely go for it.
Final Words About The Best SERP Keyword Rank Tracker Tools
It is extremely important to be at the top of your competitors’ when it comes to search engine ranking positions. And that’s why you must be using the best SERP keyword rank tracker tool that are available in the market.
That’s why I wrote this article to help you to make a decision and level up your SEO game. I hope it really helped you and wish a very good luck with making better decisions.
Which keyword ranking tool would you like to use? Do you have any other suggestions?