How to Start a Blog with Bluehost and Make Money (2019 Guide)
Are you confused, how to start a blog?
Don’t worry, You will glad to know that you are landed in the right place. My goal is to explain the necessary steps to start an attractive and successful blog (no technical experience required).
I created my first blog in 2015 with zero experience. It took me forever to figure it out.
This guide contains what I learned along the way and is especially for those who want step-by-step instructions (with images) to start money making blog on WordPress.
Why Should You Start a Blog?
There are many reasons you might consider it. Here are a few popular ones:
- Make money while working from home: I make money from part time blogging and many others do the same. Making money with a blog is hard work and you must have some patience. When your blog becomes popular then you can earn thousand of dollar per month.
- Author a book: it’s a lot easier to sell books to people who already know you. So, to reach more people to sell your book. A blog is one of the easiest places to start.
- Make Your existing business Successful: If you want to make your existing business popular among millions of people. Then, believe me, your blog is the best thing to do it.
- Write as Passion: If you want to write something like sharing your story, encourage others etc. then, a blog is a great place to do that.
Do you see yourself in any of those? Can you see how you would benefit from a blog? So, Let’s start a blog
6 Basic Steps to Start Money Making Blog
These are the main sections we’ll cover. Don’t worry, I’ll walk you right through.
- Decide what to blog about
- Choose a blogging platform
- Buy Hosting For Your Blog
- Pick a domain name
- Install WordPress
- Design & use your blog
Step 1: Decide What to Blog About?
If you’re part of a business, company or organization. Then It’s obvious that Your blog should be related to the products and service you provide. Am I right?If you’re an individual, then you should:-
- Blog about something you enjoy.
- Blog about something that people always find on the internet.
- Blog about blogging.
- Blog to promote Amazon products and make money.
I hope you decided, why do you want to start a blog?
Step 2: Choose a Blogging Platform
WordPress is the best blogging platform for you. Approximately, 89% website on the internet is hosted by WordPress.
The best part is that, If you start the blog on WordPress, then without any coding or technical knowledge you can manage your blog.
I use WordPress myself for this website and appreciate its flexibility, functionality, ease of use and the large community of people who share tools and ideas. It’s an excellent choice. And don’t worry, if you want a website without a blog, WordPress makes it easy.
Step 3: Buy Hosting for Your Blog
A host provides server space for your site. Put simply, this allows others to find your site on the internet.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are referral links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you make a purchase.
Ready? Start by clicking here to go to Bluehost (this link will open in a new window so you can reference these instructions as you work) or click on below button.
Once the page opens, click the green “Get Started Now button”.
By the way, the images you see here may vary slightly from the ones you see on your screen. This is because Bluehost never stops making site improvements.
Select your plan
Choose the plan you’d like to start with. I typically go with the Plus plan because you get more unlimited features.
Note: that all plans come with one free domain (for one year) which is good. I’ll talk about choosing a domain in a minute.
If your budget is super tight (I’ve certainly been there!), go ahead and choose the Basic plan. You can upgrade at any time.
Click one of the green “select” buttons to move to the next step.
Step 4: Pick a Domain Name
A domain is a web address. For example, bloggingrush.com is a domain name. You may or may not already have a domain. On this screen, you’ll either choose a brand new domain or enter your existing domain.
If you don’t have a domain, enter a new domain name on the left. (See tips for choosing a domain below). Make sure .com or the correct extension of your choice is selected from the drop down menu beside it.
If you’ve already registered a domain name, enter it on the right (don’t worry, it won’t mess things up if you’re using the domain elsewhere, this only identifies your account for now).
Now Click the blue Next button.
Tips for Choosing a Domain Name:-
- The goal is to make it easy to remember and easy to share!
- Go with a .com whenever possible. People always assume .com before other extensions like .net, .org, .co or others.
- Make it easy to say and spell.
- Don’t include hyphens, numbers, obscure terms or confusing strings of words.
- If you’re not sure what to use, you can also use your name as a domain name
>> Enter your account info <<
On the next page, enter your account info. Make sure you use a working email address because this is where your login information will be sent.
>> Select an account plan <<
If you want your personal information private. Then must select domain privacy option.
>> Enter Your Billing Info <<
Fill in your billing information, confirm that you’ve read the fine print and then click Submit.
Skip the upgrades
Check your email for login info
Login to your Bluehost CPanel
Enter your CPanel login info from the welcome email. Select the “hosting” tab if it’s not selected already.
Step 5: Install WordPress
Scroll down to “website” and select “install WordPress” from the list:
In this step, you can select your WordPress Username and Password for your login.
NOTE:- Make sure you don’t select “admin” as username. Instead, you can must some random username along with a complex password. Also, keep a check mark on “Automatically create a new database for this installation.”
Click on “Install Now” and WordPress will start installing.
This process takes around 1 minute. Don’t close the page until you see the word “Installation Complete”
An Email will be sent to the registered Email Address about the login and password information.
Step 6: Design Your Blog
> RECAP <
- The first is the login info for your Bluehost hosting account.
- The second is the login info for your WordPress account. Keep both, although, from this point forward, you’ll be using your WordPress login information much more frequently.
If you are struggling with any step during the process, contact me at email@example.com, I’m super-quick to respond. I’ll help you set it up step-by-step.
WANT MORE ARTICLES LIKE THIS!
Be a memeber of Blogging Lift family and get notification when we publish new article on our blog. Also, we help you to grow your blog in little time.